Sunday, December 14, 2008

Solstice quickies

The article is almost finished. I'm working on the last little details and then it will be done!!!! To celebrate, here are two little knits I've finished recently. Silly, fun things. The first is a rip-off of the meathead pattern that's been making the rounds on ravelry. I loved it but didn't want to buy the book, so I figured it out on my own. I added the leaves and a cork button and extended the Icord at the top to make it even elfier:yarn: freshwater fibers bulky, bought in Eugene, OR. Needles: 10.5. The dye job was lovely for color but kept coming off on my hands, needles, etc.

Second, Norah Gaughan's Sunflower Tam, yarn: Terra Acorn. Needles: 7. I love everything about this pattern. I had to add a drawcord because I cannot seem to knit tight 1x1 ribbing. I actually like the effect though.

I've also been spinning the silk/merino blend and started Ice Queen (without the beads). Pics later. I'm hating feather and fan but love the idea of a wimple. Ok, off to finish book reviews and other fun things. Like cleaning the house for our Solstice celebration next week. You would not believe the cobwebs!

No comments: