Friday, March 28, 2008

geek squad activate: fighting migraine but still posting




As I martyr myself on a giant bamboo needle for the great goddess of knitting, I give thanks that the top I'm working on is red...the blood won't show. I'm fighting the migraine from Hades...two days and counting. What, you may ask, are you doing blogging then, you silly girl? I wonder the same thing. But I finally got a chance to take some pics of knitting in progress. Not all of it mind you, I don't have an image of the red top yet, but several things in progress, two which are new! First: I finally cast on for the Plimoth Plantation stockings! My first piece of "charity" knitting....interpreters need new stockings? Enter Ravelry and within about a week they had more knitters working on this than they could shake a stick at. I've been a bit remiss, as I just cast on for these and I got the yarn back in November. But I had holiday knitting, then deadlines hit, then I had to skein and wash the damn yarn, so here we finally are: the end of March and I've got 4" done. Of one stocking. Each one is 22" long plus an 11" foot. I'll get these done in time for fall. I hope.
Next: The project I'm calling "Embers for a lady." It's loosely based on the Lady Eleanor entrelac stole...but I didn't like the yarn or the final results all that much. But I did want an entrelac scarf/stole....starf??? so I cast on for this with the amazing Trekking Handpaint yarn in colorway "Feuderland" Yum. or maybe charcoal briquettes...you decide.
Finally, I'm making slooooooooow progress on the Cosmic handspun raglan cardie. Sloooooow. But I'm planning on spinning for most of the weekend, so that may help the yarn situation some.




So there you are: 4 projects hot on the needles, several more in slumber, and another pair of socks (I'm thinking Queen of Cups in Plymouth Happy Feet Burgundy) to come....now wish me luck on finding an apartment in Seville! (Yep, I'm agoing to Spain kittens!)

No comments: