Friday, March 7, 2008

Socking angst

So I have been trying to do the SKP 2008 but nothing I try (yarnwise) is working. Claudia's handpaints in bootcamp? Great yarn, good colors. fugly with this pattern. The handspun, handdyed yarn I was dreaming about? Note to self: do not depend on natural dyeing to produce acid dye results. Or anything predictable. Much less to be able to blend colors with great finesse on your first try. Result? fugly yarn. So where does that leave me? With a started sock in bootcamp and no pattern that I like. believe me, I've tried about 4 by now. So I'm making it up as I go along. It's looking like I'm doing a set of 4 cables across the instep and then will pick up the cables at the top of the heel flap when I get there. Or I may make them travel around to the back and leave the front in a plain stockinette 'V', I'm not sure. Fun! And it means that I haven't started the Jacobean sock, nor have I finished spinning my fugly yarn...which I will overdye to fix, nor have I started my charity knitting for Plimoth Plantation...which I should have started LAST YEAR. I'm a bad knitter, I am. I think my knitting mojo is on hiatus, because I keep picking up projects, knitting two rows, then putting them down again. I LONG to cast on for a big sweater project but I can't afford the yarn and keep telling myself that I should spin it rather than buy it. But I want instant gratification. Enter the knitting emo. ya, that's me.
In other news, I really really want to go to this: The browncoat ball. Yep, I'm that geeky. Off to try and write something. I have a presentation at the end of the month, I haven't picked my books for this summer's class yet, much less started to write the lectures yet....ack, where are my needles?

No comments: