Sunday, September 6, 2009

Feathering the nest


Aquila, she is done, re-blocked, and ready for her photo-op. While the locale is a little less grand than she deserves, I think she is lovely enough to dress up any occasion. I am infatuated with this shawl. I have worn it on dozens of occasions since I finished it in England and blocked it on the ugly carpet of my dorm room. She is the perfect size (except for blocking, which was difficult in our little hardwood cottage), weight and color. I humbly believe she is the best thing I have ever produced. In order to keep the needles clicking I have begun (and nearly finished) a pair of Pomatomus...see my Rav page for comments on these. I LOVE them, mostly because they fit my calves without mods; which is a pretty rare thing for all sock patterns and especially for Cookie A's.
Yarn: Plymouth Happy Feet
Needles: US 2 circs
Knit using magic loop method




I also fell pretty hard for some incredible yarn at the Arden Fair yesterday. Gorgeous colors dyed by "Ewe Started It", who has a fantastic eye. I will show you the bounty that is the full haul later, but for now...feast your eyes on a very simple seafoam pattern scarf that (IMHO) shows off the yarn to its best advantage. It's peacocky goodness! Yarn: DK weight 50/50 silk/Rayon. Needles: US 7 circs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a beautiful shawl. I love the lace work, must have taken you forever. Thanks for sharing!