Thursday, August 20, 2009

Cheers from the West Midlands



Hiya all! I thought you might enjoy seeing some shots of where I (and later we) have been for the past two weeks....so enjoy!

This is the center of Chester...lovely on the surface but it's a bit Disneyfied..the black and whites are all 19th century and there actually is a Disney store in Chester Center. But the Roman walls were a blast to walk...
Yes, I know, that's a later addition and the entire wall was created in the 18th century, but there are some nifty Roman ruins about town....the garden, the amphitheater...
After Chester (where I was for a week-long marvelous course on Staffordshire Pots and Potters) I headed to Stoke-on-Trent for some research. The GF is with me this week, so while I'm working, she's off having fun...Tamworth Castle.....The Trentham Gardens....














and (of course)....Monkeys (The Trentham Monkey Garden...who knew?) We're headed to the Gladstone Pottery Museum and the Potteries Museum tomorrow and the Peak District (hello Chatsworth!!!) on Saturday...since, you know, the archives are closed then.

No comments: