Saturday, November 8, 2008

The "oh there you are" and then not post

So I'm busy. Really busy. Like 2 papers to give, article in press (shortly), dissertation research, project review, editing on journal, guest lecturing, full-time job on top of all that busy. But I have been knitting. A bit. I'm not insane and I do manage to sleep (at least a few hours a night). Clearly something had to give. That something was housework. Do you blame me??? I have not been blogging at all either, and probably won't be much for the next few months. So I thought I would share some of what I've completed in the past two months because I've missed you:

Ruffina, Berroco free pattern in Ultra Alpaca. Yum. I love this sweater, even though the pattern was a bit difficult to follow....how, exactly, do those peplums work with picked up stitches? anyone? She looks a bit weird in the photo. The front is actually drapey and falls down lower than the body of the sweater. I also wear it pinned at my waist, as shown in the photo. The collar is a bit fuller than the pattern called for, but I like it.


Began (again) Sunrise circle jacket (gods, I've been waiting more than a year to do this pattern). LOVE (1,000,000,000) in Mountain Weavers Wool, Redtail Hawk colorway. Yarn was an anniversary present.


Finished !!!! The Weasley sweater for the gf, in time for our anniversary! In Silky Tweed. Remember, this took me almost a year to finish. Most of that it languished in the "I am a poor yarn planner" pile. One sleeve and the neck are a different colorway, but hey, it's a Weasley.


Began (again, how long have I been waiting to try this pattern??) Vinnland by Becca Compton in Dream in Color Smooshy.

Finished back in August for my sister's b-day: Spring Forward Socks, in Plymouth Happy Feet. What a great pattern and yarn. I might make another pair of these someday. Pics for these on my Ravelry page.

Also finished, but no pics, a quick scarf in the elm leaf pattern from the remainers of the Ultra Alpaca. Can you tell I'm in a purple phase right now? ok, that's it for now. Maybe I'll check in again when I finish the Sunrise circle. That won't be soon, though, despite its quick knitability, so hasta luego, chiquitos!

No comments: